OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
We are involved in a great transformation journey of our systems and processes and data is considered as a key enabler of this transformation in the Group. You will work in a very passionate and growing data team within the Product & Technology department. We develop a data-driven culture and handle all the dimensions of the data area within the Group: strategy, governance, modern data architecture mixing open source and top trend data solutions, BI, Big Data & IoT and data science.
You will work on uprising the Group Data Governance with strong relationship with Product&Tech teams and Business stakeholders. You will reporting to Head of Data Governance.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support teams in enterprise data architecture, data design, data management.
- Produce and maintain enterprise data mappings and data flows.
- Determine procedure to identify and collect all required data, validate process and recommend improvements to enterprise data.
- Prepare documents for data architecture and maintain knowledge on large data structures as well.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders and develop and achieve various long term objectives for data architecture.
- Design and provide support to all data management methodologies according to required standards.
- Provide support to all data objectives and assist to create various data architectures.
- Contribute in projects regarding enterprise data.
- Provide training on data architecture.
- Analyse information flow and recommend appropriate technology to provide support to all business processes.
- Assess existing and new data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with objectives and data policies.
- Develop comprehensive strategies/solutions for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and teams.
- Contribute to RFP, RFI processes.
- Research new technologies, data modelling methods and information management systems to determine which ones should be incorporated into group data architectures, and develop implementation timelines and milestones.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal : Product Lines, DevOps, Security, Enterprise Architecture, DataOps, Data Insights.
External : Partners, External consultants.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Data architecture & car rental experience.
EDUCATION LEVEL / CERTIFICATES: Master's degree level or higher.
Written and verbal proficiency in English (mandatory).
Other languages practice is appreciated (French, Spanish etc.).
COMPUTER SKILLS AND SOFTWARE USED:
- At least five years of data architecture experience.
- Proficient with database modeling, data design and data management tools.
- Strong experience architecting data solutions on Cloud platform (AWS, GCP).
- Strong understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS models and ability to switch and adapt quickly to various stacks.
- Excellence knowledge in data architectures including data storage, data warehouse, data mart, data processing solutions.
- Excellent understanding of the different kinds of data pipelines architectures : structured and unstructured databases, APIs, events.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure on both On-Premise & Cloud environments.
- Good knowledge in IT Security to ensure solutions delivered meet requirements.
- Knowledge of data governance tools.
- Google’s Office suite.
Interpersonal, detail oriented, analytical, inquisitive, self-motivated, inclination for problem-solving, self starting, structured.
MAJOR AREAS OF COMPETENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Mastering Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles.
- Operational in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data governance tools and platforms.
- Experience in the use of data catalogues and data quality technologies.
- Good operational management and change management.
- Good communication skills.