OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
We seek new teammates with can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge.
We'd welcome you with open arms!
Reporting to Head of Data Engineering, your main objectives are:
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Design and implement data pipelines to ingest heterogeneous data into the datalake / datawarehouse in different scenarios (batch, streaming, ...), managing large and complex data sets.
- Ensure data accuracy and correctness on the implemented pipelines.
- Create custom software components and analytics applications.
- In coordination and collaboration with the data insights team, in charge of the front-end and delivering data products, develop data preparation in order to be used for different purposes and use cases: reporting, machine learning, data sharing, ... and identify opportunities for data acquisition.
- In coordination and collaboration with the data governance team, explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements to our back end systems.
- Ensure that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal : All Business Services, Product Lines, Architecture, Security, Data Insights & Governance, IT Ops, QA
- External : IT Partners, External consultants
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Proven experience in data engineering or software engineering around data solutions in modern data architectures.
EDUCATION LEVEL / CERTIFICATES: Bachelor or Engineering's degree level or higher.
Written and verbal proficiency in English (mandatory).
Other languages practice is appreciated (French, Spanish etc.).
- Strong Python and SQL knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in data integration / ETLs and orchestration tools.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in cloud data platforms (GCP, AWS, Snowflake).
- Experience in continuous integration development techniques.
- Good knowledge in other programming languages, like Java / Kotlin.
- Knowledge in frameworks to develop streaming pipelines: Kafka, Apache Beam, Spark, ...
- Knowledge in Terraform/Helm/K8s/Docker.
- Knowledge on BI and visualization tools.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Strong willed and self-motivated.
- Analytical mindset, process focused and structured.
- Proactive and self starting.