OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
We seek new teammates with can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge.
We'd welcome you with open arms!
Reporting to Head of Data Engineering, your main objectives are:
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Plan, design, test, deploy and maintain our data platform infrastructure in the cloud using infrastructure as code techniques and ensuring principles like scalability, security, collaborativeness, ...
- Design, build, and support tools and techniques that mature DataOps & DevOps practices:
○ Maintain different environments: dev, test, production.
○ Manage version control and deployment pipelines.
○ Promote reusable, parameterized code and extend automated data validations.
- Establish DevOps, DataOps, and MLOps culture, tools, and processes.
- Manage alerting and monitoring of data pipelines and infrastructure as well as the governance of the whole
data engineering operation.
- Create alignment across IT Ops, Data Engineering and Data Architects in Data Gov teams.
- Stay up to date on changes to the cloud services and products and anticipate changes needed to our
architecture and processes.
- Establish strong partnerships with analytics and operations stakeholders; communicates effectively about
technology competencies and applicability to business strategies.
- Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements in our infrastructure.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal : All Business Services, Product Lines, Architecture, Security, Data governance, DevOps, QA.
- External : IT Partners, External consultants.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: Proven experience in data engineering, software engineering, and/or IT operations/DevOps/DataOps, especially on architecting, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data solutions and applications in a cloud platform.
EDUCATION LEVEL / CERTIFICATES: Bachelor or Engineering's degree level or higher.
Written and verbal proficiency in English (mandatory).
Other languages practice is appreciated (French, Spanish etc.).
- Strong Python knowledge.
- Experience in cloud data platforms (GCP, AWS, Snowflake).
- Deep knowledge in hybrid and cloud architectures: Helm / K8s / Docker.
- Knowledge on infrastructure as code techs and tools: Terraform.
- Experience in the following technologies: Apache Beam / Spark / Streaming Systems, Git, Gitlab CI/CD.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Strong willed and self-motivated.
- Analytical mindset, process focused and structured.
- Proactive and self starting.