Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being:Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
We seek new teammates with can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge.
We'd welcome you with open arms!
- Enhancement of Europcar Mobility Group’s web applications.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
- Support and take part in the future frontend projects of the group.
- We seek new teammates with can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge.
- We'd welcome you with open arms!
- As a Frontend Developer you will be helping Europcar Mobility Group’s web applications to evolve.
- Within this role, you will be continuously identifying areas to optimise client-side performance and scalability and development of user-facing features. You will be also contributing to cross-project libraries and collaborating with other engineers and product managers.
- You’ll implement well tested code (Units Tests, E2E tests).
- You’ll be monitoring and improving the application's performance.
- You’ll help to translate requirements into an application’s code (providing simple solutions to complex business problems while applying the best language practices).
- You’ll be testing the software and fixing bugs.
- You’ll need to take care of the continuous development of the documentation.
- About tools, we'd like you to be able to use webpack, vue-cli, linter, npm, yarn and git.
Previous experience :
- From 2 years of experience as a Front-end developer.
- Comfortable with major frameworks such as Angular, React and ideally Vue.js.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESS or SASS) and experience with popular CSS frameworks.
- Experience with back end (Rest API).
Specific skills :
- Strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge about virtual DOM and component lifecycle.
- Knowledge of concepts of TDD/BDD.
- Node.js knowledge is a plus.
- Write maintainable unit and E2E tests (Jest and Selenium respectively will come in handy here).
- Strong understanding of front-end performance tuning and best practices.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Honesty and engagement values.
- Good communication skills and team work.
- Proactivity on technical solutions and its improvements.
- Capacity to audit, analyse and recommend.
MAJOR AREAS OF COMPETENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Security awareness. Docker and kubernetes as well as CI tools might help you a lot in your work with us.
- Bachelor degree in IT or related fields (or equivalent).
- An experience in an international environment (therefore, written and verbal proficiency in English is one of our requirements).
- Additional proficiency in French is a plus.
- Collaborative mindset.