Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being:Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
Reporting to a Product Manager within our Tech & Product Direction, the Product Owner objectives are:
Ownership of one of Europcar Mobility Group’s products, responsible for value delivery to stakeholders.
● Based from the strategic and business Corporate vision, the Product Owner deliver and maintenance Digital products, in order to maximizing value-added to end users under given time and resources constraints.
● The PO is responsible for the quality of his/her product, its consistency with business requirements and its integration within the overall product landscape.
● Like a conductor of orchestra, the PO animates, aligns and empowers a Product team composed by technical team, UX and UI designers without being the hierarchical manager.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
● Define and manage your product roadmap to realise strategic business goals.
● Establish shared vision by building consensus on priorities leading to value delivery.
● Align with business units, lead product discovery, user story mapping and prioritise development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches.
● Collaborate with UI/UX and engineers to reach the best possible version of a feature or product to bring to market.
● Help define and refine working processes in order to maximise efficiency in constantly evolving and growing environments.
COMPETENCES TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE:
Agile Working : Practitioner
Lifecycle perspective : Working
Problem ownership : Practitioner
Product ownership : Practitioner
Strategic ownership : Practitioner
User focus : Practitioner
Understanding constraints : Working
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal : Product Lines, DevOps, Security, Enterprise Architecture, Data Engineering
- External : Partners, External consultants
PERSONAL PROFILE OF POSITION HOLDER:
● You have experience as a product owner/manager, having consistently demonstrated high performance across the full breadth of core product owner competencies, supporting your product team in achieving their goals in the most effective way possible.
● You are comfortable working in an agile environment (tribes/squads) and with scrum methodology.
● You are able to consistently deliver a product that effectively meets the users’ needs as measured by an impactful set of top level KPIs.
● You show high-quality decision making, balancing customer and commercial needs.
● Your roadmap blends vision, strategy and analysis so that we both deliver against the immediate needs of our customers and progress against our mission.
● You are a sought out member of cross-functional teams. You are able to step up and lead without authority and ensure that any squad or initiative you are involved in taking a problem led approach and drives rapidly for results.
● You demonstrate a clear and inspiring communication style both within your product team and outwards into the business.
● You are an effective designer and facilitator of presentations and workshops.
● Your meetings/workshops are regarded as effective and efficient and most importantly you help the group to collaborate and arrive at good decisions.
Education level / certificates N/A:
BS in Computer Science or related engineering field or Project Management
Spanish (fluent) and English (profesional level)