OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
Inside the Software Engineering department, reporting to Java CoP manager within a team of +30 developers between Alicante, Barcelona and Paris.
- Enhancement of quality and performance of Europcar Mobility Group Backend applications / Microservices
- Supporting the Europcar Mobility group IS transformation
- Actively supporting Product Lines
We seek new teammates with a can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge
We'd welcome you with open arms!
- As a Java/Kotlin, you will be helping Europcar Mobility Group’s applications to evolve
Within this role, you will be continuously evolving our core application in terms of functionality, performance and scalability, and developing user-facing features. You will be also contributing to cross-project libraries and collaborating with other engineers and product managers.
- You’ll design, estimate, and code new features in Java/Kotlin
- You’ll architect new applications and expand existing ones
- You’ll collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams
- You’ll define, document, and enforce engineering standards
- You’ll perform code reviews of your team members' work, Mentor junior engineers
- You’ll participate in software design discussions
- You’ll participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings
- You’ll ensure all code that goes to production meets company’s quality standards
- You’ll ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand
- You’ll identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring
- You’ll collaborate with product managers and other engineers and thrive on feedback, critique, and
- You’ll implement well tested code (Units Tests, TDD, ATDD)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Product Direction : Product Owners and Proxy Product Owners, UX/UI Designers and Agile Coaches
- Technologies and Solutions Direction: Developers from others chapter/teams, IT OPS and other IT
- Relevant Shared Service Centers
- External developers
- At least 2 years of Java Back End Development experience
- A previous experience within an international environment would be a plus
- Experience with Spring / Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with unit testing (Junit, Mockito...)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Gitlab-ci /Jenkins)
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git
- Strong understanding of Java 8/11/15
- Basic understanding of Microservices architecture
- Basic understanding of REST architecture principles
- Strong understanding of Maven / Gradle
- Bonus points if you have worked with Kotlin and technologies such as Kafka, Redis and/or MongoDB
- Proactivity on technical solutions and their improvements
- Honesty and engagement values
- Creativity force
- Capacity to audit, analyze and recommend
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Additional proficiency in French is a plus
MAJOR AREAS OF COMPETENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor degree in IT or related fields (or equivalent)
- Experience in an international environment, written and verbal proficiency in English
- Collaborative and team building mindset
- Technology watch
- Security awareness
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin or on the basis of disability.
NB: The job is based in our offices in Alicante or Barcelona & employees can work remotely, 50% per week.