OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
Reporting to Head of Design, you will be based in Alicante and be part of a Design team of +20 people between Alicante, Barcelona and Paris.
- Collaborate to define a design vision across the group with the Head of Design
- Design for users autonomously, in close relation with other Lead Designers
- Work closely with PM in order to provide expert UX and UI design inputs to set the most attractive and efficient experience to users
- Define Art direction and User Experience on his chapter across brands, responsive sites, App platforms and internal tools
- Manage Designers in order to insure UX and UI consistency and on time delivery
- Balancing both business and user needs.
- Conducting user research (interviews, shadowing, experience maps, personas).
- Conceptualizing user research (user flows, wireframes prototypes)
- Animating workshops (sketching, card sorting, crazy 8 etc.)
- Heading user testing sessions and analysing feedback
- Copywriting adaptations
- Designing for conversion, customer satisfaction, and revenue uplift, building from data and A/B testing.
- Designing features for responsive sites, apps, and conversational interfaces.
- Contributing components to the design system.
- Ensuring visual consistency within all products.
- Producing clear design specs for Front-end developers.
- Ensure quality of the frontend implementations closely with developers.
- Respecting and adhering to brand, online and accessibility guidelines.
- Designing for Email (responsive)
- Evangelising design best practices within the company.
- Content creation in close collaboration with other departments (marketing etc.)
- Continually research and stay up-to-date with the latest design trends.
- Being a proactive member of the digital design team, inspiring them with great ideas, new approaches, and efficient methodologies.
- Ensure knowledge sharing across the design team
- Propose group Design processes and practices in close relation with other Lead Designers
- Coordinating Internal and external designers to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Supporting, mentoring and retain Product Designers
- Providing a strong support to Head of Design and other leads
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal: Product & Tech, eCommerce, Marketing, Communication, Sales, Fleet, Countries
- External: Digital agencies, eCommerce related external providers
- Significant experience in management
- Significant experience in responsive design and mobile user interface design
- Experience in a transactional / eCommerce domain
- Experience in an Agile environment, Working within a feature or product team
- UX, UI, Art Direction expertise
- Ability to manage products with a global vision
- Ability to co-design and collaborate with other designers
- Experience in an international environment
Education level / certificates: Bac+3 within the field of visual communication, graphic design, art direction or UX design
- Completely fluent in English (all written documents and contact with subsidiaries and partners are in English)
- Spoken other languages important (e.g. French Spanish, German, etc.)
Computer skills and software used:
- Sketch or Figma, Prototyping, Adobe creative suite, code notion (HTML, CSS, iOs, Android) new stuff we are not even aware of yet!
- Google’s Office Suite
Personal characteristics: Analytical, creative, open-minded, insightful, fun, team-oriented, internationally minded, attention to detail
MAJOR AREAS OF COMPETENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Experience in an international environment, written and verbal proficiency in English
- Collaborative and team building mindset
- Technology watch
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin or on the basis of disability.
NB: The job is based in our offices in Alicante & employees can work remotely, 50% per week.