OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being: Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
The team you will join
We work “vertically” in tribes & squads; and “horizontally” in Community of Practices (CoP) so you will be a member in one hand of a product dedicated and multidisciplinary squad, working with agile methodologies; and in the other hand you will also be part of the PHP CoP which means that you will participate in the discussions about new software architecture (and how to improve old one), helping to improve other mates on their doubts or being helped by them when you have any doubt, work on the refactor of the common code, etc.
What will you do:
o Coding in PHP, Symfony &/Or Laravel frameworks (so knowledge of at least on these frameworks it’s a must, at least another one similar to them).
o Create unit tests (prophecy for mocks), integration tests & acceptance tests with codeception. o Decide what database suits most to the new project either MySQL or MongoDB, or maybe
o Work with DDD architecture for now, but maybe in the future with CQRS or another one that suits most the project; so we expect that you can decide that or at least discuss it.
o Work with message queues, for now Kafka and Beanstalk, so it will be a plus if you have knowledge of any of them or any other queue system.
o Work with search engines indexation as Algolia (if you have worked before with it or with ElasticSearch or any other it will be a plus).
o Create and maintain micro-services (even create their Docker image and being involved in all the process from scratch to production deploy).
o Work with Git every day & with a very close to “continuous integration” way of working.
o Deploy to cloud (for now Google cloud), we use Kubernetes, Helm and Terraform so if you have
work with that already it would be a great plus.
- At least 3 years of PHP Back End Development experience
- A previous experience within an international environment would be a plus
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Gitlab-ci /Jenkins)
- Strong understanding of PHP 7/8, Laravel, Symfony
- Basic understanding of Microservices architecture
- Basic understanding of REST architecture principles
- Strong understanding of MongoDB, MySQL, TDD principles
- Proactivity on technical solutions and their improvements
- Honesty and engagement values
- Creativity force
- Capacity to audit, analyze and recommend
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
MAJOR AREAS OF COMPETENCY NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor degree in IT or related fields (or equivalent)
- Experience in an international environment, written and verbal proficiency in English
- Collaborative and team building mindset
- Technology watch
- Security awareness