OPEN MOBILITY. FOR YOU.
Europcar Mobility Group has been Europe’s leading car rental provider for almost 70 years and one of the major players in the mobility sector. As a car rental company, Europcar built the fundamentals of the usage and sharing economies into its core business – mobility – a long time ago.
Europcar Mobility Group operates through multi brands meeting every customer specific needs; its 4 major brands being:Europcar® – the European leader in vehicle rental services, Goldcar® – the most important low-cost car-rental company in Europe, InterRent® – ‘mid-tier’ brand focused on leisure and Ubeeqo® – a European company specializing in fleet and mobility solutions for both the business and the end-customers market.
LE POSTE / LES MISSIONS
Europcar Mobility Group is recruiting a Frontend Developer.
Reporting to Frontend Captain, within the Product & Tech Direction, the frontend developer main objectives are :
- Enhancement of Europcar Mobility Group’s web applications.
- Shaping the future of our systems.
- Support and take part in the future frontend projects of the group.
We seek new teammates with can-do attitude, creative mindset, curiosity, problem solving and thirst for knowledge.
We'd welcome you with open arms!
As a Frontend Developer you will be helping Europcar Mobility Group’s web applications to evolve. Within this role, you will :
- Identify areas to optimise client-side performance and scalability and development of user-facing features.
- Contribute to cross-project libraries and collaborating with other engineers and product managers.
- Implement well tested code (Units Tests, E2E tests).
- Monitor and improve the application's performance.
- Translate requirements into an application’s code (providing simple solutions to complex business problems while applying the best language practices).
- Test the software and fixing bugs.
- Take care of the continuous development of the documentation.
- Be able to use tools like webpack, vue-cli, linter, npm, yarn and git.
NB : The job is based in HQ offices in Paris 17th arrondissement (employees can work remotely - 50% per week)
Previous experience :
- Our stack : Nuxt, Vue, Typescript, Node, Jest, Contentful, LaunchDarkly, Sentry, Algolia, Phrase, Npm,
- Over 3 years of experience as a Front-end developer.
- Comfortable with major frameworks such as Angular, React and ideally Vue.js.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESS or SASS) and experience with popular CSS frameworks.
- Experience with back end (Rest API).
Specific skills :
- Strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Knowledge about virtual DOM and component lifecycle.
- Knowledge of concepts of TDD/BDD.
- Node.js knowledge is a plus.
- Write maintainable unit and E2E tests (Jest and Selenium respectively will come in handy here).
- Strong understanding of front-end performance tuning and best practices.
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Personal characteristics :
- Honesty and engagement values.
- Good communication skills and team work.
- Proactivity on technical solutions and its improvements.
- Capacity to audit, analyse and recommend.
Major Keys of Success :
- Security awareness. Docker and kubernetes as well as CI tools might help you a lot in your work with us.
- Bachelor degree in IT or related fields (or equivalent).
- An experience in an international environment (therefore, written and verbal proficiency in English is one of our requirements). Additional proficiency in French is a plus.
- Collaborative mindset.
NB : English is a mandatory. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin or on the basis of disability.